~Commenting guidlines~

⭐️⭐️ 5 stars =  Excellent    1 star = Not helpful ⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 1: It’s not very helpful by using slang/texting language and they clearly didn’t re-read their own work and as well as this they didn’t have a formal greeting at the start, for this I would give them 2 stars ⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 2: It’s an informative post and when a new idea is given they use another paragraph and they had a formal greeting and correct punctuation and I would give this 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 3: It’s a good piece of writing but maybe they could put their ideas on separate pieces of paragraphs I would give this Comment Post should have 4 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 4: This Comment Post is something that should have a greeting and should have correct punctuation and correct spelling as you can’t really understand what he/she is exactly trying to say I give this Comment Post 2 stars! ⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 5: Is really informative with correct grammar and punctuation with a greeting and obviously the person understands what their commenting on and about. I give this one 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comment Post 6: This Comment Post is using slang language and using made-up language?  This also does not have any punctuation! I would give this 1 star! ⭐️

Comment Post 7:  This comment does not have any correct punctuation and does not have any grammar as well as that this comment is really short with no greeting! I would give this Comment Post 1 star! ⭐️

Comment Post 8: This Comment is using correct grammar and punctuation and I would question if this Comment Post needs paragraph this Comment Post also uses rhetorical questions which means I would give this post 4 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

9 thoughts on “~Commenting guidlines~

1. Well done Zoha – you have shown your understanding of valuable commenting with your post, I look forward to seeing you use this knowledge when commenting on other blog posts during the Student Blog Challenge!

Mr Jackson

2. Hi! My name is Marcy. I am one of the commenters this year. Great job with the star system. It was a really creative idea.

3. G’day Zoha,
    This is a great post about evaluating comments but would be even better if you had the actual comment there as part of the post. Maybe you haven’t included them because of privacy reasons though.

I assume you were given 8 comments by your teacher and you then had to evaluate and rate each comment.

4. Well done Zoha, I think you did a great job on this post because it is so detailed. How long did the post take? I liked the way you gave an example on what was a good post and a bad one.

Bye for now, Tom

5. Hello Zoha,

Congratulations on your blog mention on this post earlier in the Student Blogging Challenge! Your blog is very pretty and colourful, I really like it!
    I value the way you have used star ratings, this has given me a greater understanding!
    Well done.
    Stay safe.
    Kind regards,

Lily